Research Scholar Program
Contribute to our collective global knowledge base with your research. Make a striking and lasting impact - help develop a new antibiotic, computational algorithm or create a new way to structure investments.Talk to an Enrollment Specialist
Our Research Scholar Program offers students the opportunity to work one-on-one with a PhD mentor to produce an independently-developed research project. We make it simple to set up research opportunities for high schoolers.
5,200+ Mentor Hours
A Global Community of Ambition
- Make an impact on the world: Help develop a new vaccine, antibiotic, computational algorithm, or a new way of doing business.
- Gain expertise in a topic: Advance and contribute to a body of research and knowledge.
- Stand out for admissions: Get a head start on college-level research and writing.
Possible Research Topics
Students will be able to customize their own research topic, if not currently available in the offerings below.
Software Development Systems
Civil, environmental, chemical engineering
Physics & Astrophysics
Organic and inorganic chemistry
Gender and education in global perspectives
Research Scholar Programs
More about Research Scholar Program
The Empowerly Research Scholar Program offers students a coveted opportunity to work one-on-one with a PhD mentor, providing research opportunities for high schoolers through an independently-developed research project.
This incredible initiative acts as a high school research internship like no other, offering students a firsthand look at university-level research approaches that will help inform how they approach projects, studying materials, and quizzes and tests. These Empowerly research opportunities for high school students are invaluable and timeless, featuring experts from Columbia University, MIT, Brown University, and more.
Why Look Into Research Internships for High School Students?
There are plenty of reasons for students to develop their research skills and an opportunity like this comes with a variety of benefits.
- Make an impact on the world. Knowing how to conduct thorough and accurate research can result in a variety of discoveries and advancements, like developing a new vaccine or antibiotic, delving into a computational algorithm, or establishing an entirely new way of doing business.
- Gain expertise on a topic. Even if your research doesn’t result in a concrete innovation or development, the practice allows students to gain expertise on a topic they likely knew very little about before diving into it. This helps advance and expand your student’s curiosity, comprehension skills, and confidence when it comes to digging into a brand new idea or concept.
- Stand out for admissions. Ultimately, a thorough high school research internship under the belt will allow your student to stand out and shine during the college admissions process, making university acceptance that much more achievable in the long run.