Empowerly (www.empowerly.com) is a platform for personalized college and career guidance. Our mission is to empower students to become the most successful version of themselves and get accepted to their top choice colleges.
Empowerly is rapidly growing and backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital firms. We are seeking a highly skilled, organized, and experienced college counselor to work for Empowerly full time. We are looking for an adaptive, technologically savvy professional who is able to wear many hats and thrive in a fast paced environment.
You will be an early employee at a seed stage startup and will be a strong contributor to reaching our milestones to raise Series A funding.
In this job, you will:
- Execute on the goal of delivering premium, white glove service to families who purchase significant Empowerly packages and need intensive counseling
- Help to create a new line of business around more comprehensive packages and elite counseling
- Sell college counseling to families and organizations
- Drive revenue to achieve aggressive monthly targets (10-20% MoM growth)
- Work with many Empowerly students (mainly high school age) to help them find their passions and apply to top colleges
- Build and maintain relationships with leads/customers (typically families interested in college counseling)
- Track data of prospective and current families and maintain a high level of attention to detail and organization
- Onboard new students and families and provide high touch customer support as needed
- 5+ years of professional college counseling experience, either at a company or as an independent consultant
- Track record of helping multiple students get accepted to Top 10 schools
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree from a Top 25 undergraduate institution
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, and operations related roles
Nice to haves:
- 2+ years of experience in a Top 25 school’s admissions office as an Director of Admissions, Admissions Officer, or similar role
- Experience selling counseling services
- Experience with CRMs and Sales tools such as Hubspot, Salesforce, Aircall, or similar
- Experience at a startup or other fast paced, rapidly growing technology company