Empowerly (www.empowerly.com) is a platform for personalized college and career guidance. Our mission is to empower students to become the most successful version of themselves and get accepted to their top choice colleges.
Empowerly is rapidly growing and backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital firms. We’re looking for a scrappy, rockstar Account Executive to drive revenue growth via inbound and outbound sales.
You will be an early employee at a seed stage startup and will be a strong contributor to reaching our milestones to raise Series A funding.
In this job, you will:
- Sell college counseling to families and organizations
- Drive revenue to achieve aggressive monthly targets (10-20% MoM growth)
- Nurture and sustain a full pipeline of leads handed off by marketing
- Build and maintain relationships with leads/customers (typically families interested in college counseling)
- Track all deals data in Hubspot (deal source, close time, etc) to understand the best sales strategies
- Work closely with the Marketing, Operations, and Product teams to build out, iterate, and accelerate new initiatives
- Handle new student onboarding and customer support as needed
- Prior experience working in early-stage startups. Scrappy and willing to get your hands dirty. Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience in sales. Well versed in the sales process from lead nurturing to close
- Data-driven and able to identify the most fruitful sales strategies
- Personable and enjoys helping parents and students succeed
- Quick to respond to customers and adapt to change
- Comfortable taking the initiative to work independently and own deals across the pipeline
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed, including weekends and after 5pm PT
Nice to have:
- Experience with Hubspot CRM tools
- Experience with Excel and building dashboards
- Prior experience in college admissions counseling
- Deeply understands the college counseling market
- Knowledge of Bay Area high schools